Do you love numbers? Is being accurate one of your many qualities? Do you enjoy experiencing multiple facets of Finance? And do you want to learn more about the dynamic environment of the hotel industry? Then stop looking, because this Finance internship is definitely the one for you!
Together with the Back Office Manager you are responsible for many financial duties, and will be working closely with other departments in the hotel as well.
During this internship you have the opportunity to be part of a motivated and young team in which you, as a Trainee, get the chance to discover what the financial operations of the INK Hotel necessitates. One day you are sending the purchase invoices of our hotel to Central Accounting (headquarters) and the next day you are working on the daily reports for the management team. Each month you are responsible for the month-end closing and monitoring F&B stock.
As our finance trainee, here is an overview of your main tasks, however there is lots of room for you to learn and grow outside of this list. Your learning wishes are very important to us.
• Supporting the Back Office Manager in making reports, ad hoc tasks and analyses;
• Receive purchase invoices and forward it to Central Accounting;
• Request approval of invoices through Tradeshift from Department Head;
• Check F&B, Daily Discounts and Void;
• Reconcile the operating systems Opera and Micros;
• Assist with month-end closing;
• F&B monthly inventory control;
• Supporting F&B with stockroom control;
• Booking Bank Transactions.
INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery is a luxurious lifestyle hotel and owes its name to the rich history of the building, as former home of the Dutch newspaper ‘De Tijd’ where stories were conceived, written and brought to life in ink. Because of this INK Hotel is the place ‘Where stories are yet to be written’. Our restaurant PRESSROOM is the living room for our hotel guests and locals. We serve delicious dishes made by our INKredible kitchen staff and our bartenders create cocktails with their own personal touch.
• A good knowledge of the English language and Dutch is preferred;
• Affinity with numbers;
• Enrolled in a HBO finance, business administration or hospitality related study;
• Available for 38 hours per week;
• Available from June 2024;
• Available for at least 5 months.
Now on to the practical part. As a trainee you will receive several benefits. Think of:
• A nice trainee allowance of € 750,- per month based on 38 hours per week;
• Cross training in all the different departments of the hotel;
• INK Hotel Amsterdam is part of Accor, so you will receive staff discount to experience different hotels;
• A healthy staff meal;
• International career opportunities within the Accor Group;
• Regularly drinks and staff parties with your colleagues;
• And the best benefit of all, you will be part of an INKredible team!
Do you see yourself working at INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery? We are looking forward to receive your resume and motivation letter. You can send this by e-mail to the Talent & Culture department via the e-mail address email@example.com. Any questions? Feel free to send us an e-mail or give us a call via 020 555 17 04.