You are the Chemist, the artist with a passion for creating taste explosions! You love creating cocktails that perfectly suit your guests, surprising and delighting them every time. You keep innovating and thinking up INKredible creations and are ready to shake up a storm in the PRESSROOM!
Got curious about this vacancy, huh? You should! As a Bartender you are part of the PRESSROOM team. Every day you join our guests in writing their story at INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery. You are proud of your bar and the cocktails you create and are comfortable making conversations with whomever sits at your bar. You listen to them and are able to create a cocktail to exceed their expectations. As our bartender you make sure all the supplies you need are ordered in time, fresh and at hand ready for service. You don’t mind helping out your colleagues in the restaurant when necessary and you can also create some of the best coffees in Amsterdam. As the restaurant is open 7 days a week 365 days a year your schedule is extremely flexible.
Your main responsibilities are:
• Preparing the bar for service;
• Mixing cocktails for our guests;
• Exceeding our guests expectations;
• Communicating with colleagues, your manager and the guests to ensure everything is running smoothly;
• Ensuring we have all the supplies we need for the bar;
• Being knowledgeable about our menu and hotel offerings and up-selling these to our guests;
• Managing our restaurant reservations system;
• Making sure the restaurant/bar is clean and presentable at all times.
INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery is a luxurious lifestyle hotel and owes its name to the rich history of the building, as former home of the Dutch newspaper ‘De Tijd’ where stories were conceived, written and brought to life in ink. Because of this INK Hotel is the place ‘Where stories are yet to be written’. Our restaurant PRESSROOM is the living room for our hotel guests and locals. At PRESSROOM Amsterdam we serve modern classics with pure and simple flavors that merge into great combinations. Not to forget, our mixologists who create exquisite cocktails that have their own story.
Does your story match our wishes? For the Bartender position we are looking for a person who:
• At least has one or two years of experience as a Bartender in a comparable environment;
• Good command of the Dutch and English language;
• Availability to work both weekdays and weekends;
• Available for 38 hours per week;
• A flexible schedule, so you can work during the evening shifts from 15.00 till 23.00 o’clock;
• Knowledge of and experience with basic HACCP principles;
• Experience as a Mixologist or passion for mixing cocktails.
Now on to the practical part. As a Bartender you will receive several benefits. Think of:
• 25 days of vacation based on a full time contract of 38 hours per week;
• A good salary, with a minimum of 7,5% above scale IV of the collective labour agreement for the Horeca;
• A travel allowance from 5 kilometer distance between your house and the hotel;
• A healthy staff meal;
• Cross training in all the different departments of the hotel;
• INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery is part of Accor, so you will receive staff discount to experience different hotels;
• A F&B discount card to use in different hotels in Amsterdam;
• Possibilities to develop yourself by trainings;
• International career opportunities within the Accor Group;
• Regularly drinks and staff parties with your colleagues;
• On top of that you will work together in a INKredible team!
Do you see yourself working at INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery? We are looking forward to receive your resume and motivation letter. You can send this by e-mail to the Talent & Culture department via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions? Feel free to send us an e-mail or give us a call via 020 555 17 04.