Do you recognize this?: guests feel immediately at ease when you are around. You enjoy surprising guests with unexpected suggestions and stories. You make them feel welcome and you see their needs before they know it. Because of your excellent service, guests will return to the restaurant. Sounds exactly like you? Then this vacancy of our F&B Team Member will be a great new chapter in your own story!
As a F&B Team Member you are part of the PRESSROOM team. Every day you join our guests in their story at INK Hotel Amsterdam. This can be either during breakfast, lunch or dinner. Together with our F&B manager and F&B Supervisors you ensure smooth service. Besides taking the order, serving and tidying up the restaurant, you like to work in a team and you are not afraid to share your own ideas. If you see a bar stool which isn’t in the right position, you place it back as it should be. If you see an unpolished knife you make sure you polish it right away. You have an eye for detail and you enjoy telling our guests the concept and story of PRESSROOM. And most important you make sure the guests have such an INKredible experience that they will return! As the restaurant is open 7 days a week 365 days a year your schedule is extremely flexible.
As our F&B Team Member, your main responsibilities are:
• Preparing the restaurant and bar for service;
• Exceeding our guests expectations;
• Communicating with colleagues, your supervisors and the guest to ensure everything is running smoothly;
• Ensuring we have all the supplies we need;
• Being knowledgeable about our menu and hotel offerings and up-selling these to our guests;
• Managing our restaurant reservations system;
• Making sure the restaurant is clean and presentable at all times.
INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery is a luxurious lifestyle hotel and owes its name to the rich history of the building, as former home of the Dutch newspaper ‘De Tijd’ where stories were conceived, written and brought to life in ink. Because of this INK Hotel is the place ‘Where stories are yet to be written’. Our restaurant PRESSROOM is the living room for our hotel guests and locals. We serve delicious dishes made by our INKredible kitchen staff and our bartenders create cocktails with their own personal touch.
Of course you would like to know what it’s like to work as a F&B Team Member at INK Hotel Amsterdam. First and most important, you will join a very close team where initiative is encouraged all the time. We all know each other and we run the hotel together. You will get the opportunity to join several workgroups to extend your responsibilities. We have three workgroups, Be Balanced: to develop a program for your colleagues on a fit & healthy lifestyle, ThINKables: to support colleagues in joy & sorrow and at last Planet 21: If you feel responsible for the planet, sustainability and diversity in our company.
Does your story match our wishes? For the F&B Team Member position we are looking for a person who:
• At least has one or two years of experience as a F&B Team Member in a comparable environment;
• Good command of the Dutch and English language;
• Availability to work both weekdays and weekends;
• A flexible schedule, so you can work during the morning and the evening shifts;
• Knowledge of and experience with basic HACCP principles.
Now on to the practical part. As a F&B Team Member you will receive several benefits. Think of:
• 25 days of vacation based on a fulltime contract of 38 hours per week;
• A good salary, with a minimum of 7,5% above scale IV of the collective labour agreement for the Horeca;
• A travel allowance from 5 kilometer distance between your house and the hotel;
• A healthy staff meal;
• Cross training in all the different departments of the hotel;
• INK Hotel Amsterdam is part of Accor, so you will receive staff discount to experience different hotels;
• Possibilities to develop yourself by trainings;
• International career opportunities within the Accor Group;
• Regularly drinks and staff parties with your colleagues;
• On top of that you will work together in a INKredible team!
Do you see yourself working at INK Hotel Amsterdam? We are looking forward to receive you resume and motivation letter. You can send this by e-mail to the HR department via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have a question? Feel free to send us an e-mail or give us a call via 020 555 17 04.