Do you want to improve your management and leadership skills whilst working in a challenging and multicultural environment? Then do not hesitate to apply for the position as our Housekeeping Management Trainee and write your story at INK Hotel Amsterdam!
As our Housekeeping Management Trainee you are responsible for multiple tasks within the Housekeeping department. Your day varies from doing administrative tasks such as the schedule, assigning the room lists to the room attendants, ordering housekeeping products and much more! Besides you are responsible for ensuring the cleanliness standards of the hotel and the rooms. All the guests will arrive in an amazing looking and clean hotel(room) because of you! And of course, you will also assist the Housekeeping Manager with any ad hoc tasks. It is the perfect combination of administration and working in the operational side.
As a student, you obviously also want to improve your own leadership and management skills. During this internship you have the opportunity to lead a large team to ensure that everything runs smoothly. Your communication skills will skyrocket as it is important for you to communicate with other operational departments to inform them about the status of your housekeeping tasks. Moreover, housekeeping is a challenging department, therefore you also have the opportunity to improve your soft skills to increase the motivation and engagement of your colleagues!
INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery is a luxurious lifestyle hotel and owes its name to the rich history of the building, as former home of the Dutch newspaper ‘De Tijd’ where stories were conceived, written and brought to life in ink. Because of this INK Hotel is the place ‘Where stories are yet to be written’. Our restaurant PRESSROOM is the living room for our hotel guests and locals. At PRESSROOM Amsterdam we serve modern classics with pure and simple flavors that merge into great combinations. Not to forget, our mixologists who create exquisite cocktails that have their own story.
Does your story matches our wishes? For this internship, we are looking for someone who is able to work independently, has eye for detail and is a great multitasker. Besides that, you:
• Pursuing a degree in hospitality management (MBO or HBO);
• Available for at least 5 months;
• Inquisitive and consequent;
• Available for 38 hours per week;
• Have a hands-on mentality;
• Are able to work in a diverse and inclusive team;
• Have great organisational skills.
• Now let’s move on to the practical part of the internship. As a trainee you will receive several benefits, such as:
• A nice trainee allowance of € 500,- per month based on 38 hours per week;
• Cross training in all the different departments of the hotel;
• INK Hotel Amsterdam is part of Accor, so you will get staff discount to experience different hotels;
• A healthy staff meal;
• International career opportunities within the Accor Group;
• Regularly drinks and staff parties with your colleagues;
• And the best benefit of all, you will be part of an INKredible team!
Do you see yourself working at INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery? We are looking forward to receive your resume and motivation letter. You can send this by e-mail to the Talent & Culture department via the e-mail address email@example.com. Any questions? Feel free to send us an e-mail or give us a call via 020 555 17 04.