You have the talent? We have the Kitchen!
For our restaurant PRESSROOM, we are looking for a hands-on Kitchen Chef with great leadership skills. Can’t wait to show your passion for flavors from our beautiful open kitchen? What are you waiting for…? Start writing a new chapter in your career with us as Kitchen Chef!
As Kitchen Chef you are leading a close knit team of approximately 7 colleagues. Together you are all responsible for the smooth delivery of breakfast, lunch and/or dinner in our a la carte restaurant. You will be operating in an open kitchen so you are providing an experience for our guests at all times. Therefore you communicate in a calm and professional manner and you are an extremely neat worker that is familiar with and used to adhering to all HACCP standards. In addition to the restaurant you also create meals for our In-Room Dining and two small meeting rooms. So using your creativity to create custom menus for any special guest requests makes your day! You love learning new things and sharing you knowledge with your team. You make sure that all the mise-en-place is done and communicate any products that need to be ordered or used in a timely manner.
INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery is a luxurious lifestyle hotel and owes its name to the rich history of the building, as former home of the Dutch newspaper ‘De Tijd’ where stories were conceived, written and brought to life in ink. Because of this INK Hotel is the place ‘Where stories are yet to be written’. Our restaurant PRESSROOM is the living room for our hotel guests and locals. At PRESSROOM Amsterdam we serve modern classics with pure and simple flavors that merge into great combinations. Not to forget, our mixologists who create exquisite cocktails that have their own story.
Does your story match our wishes? For the Kitchen Chef position we are looking for a person who has:
• A culinary degree from a reputable organization;
• Great experience in leadership role in an (open) kitchen at a comparable establishment;
• Experience in ordering, receiving and producing fresh ingredients;
• Availability to work both weekdays and weekends;
• Availability for 38 hours per week;
• A flexible schedule, so you can work the morning shifts from 6.00/7.00-14.00/15.00 o’clock;
• Good skills in all cooking techniques and various cuisines;
• Leermeester certificate is a plus;
• Knowledge of HACCP hygiene rules.
Now on to the practical part. As a Kitchen Chef you will receive several benefits. Think of:
• 25 days of vacation based on a fulltime contract of 38 hours per week;
• A good salary, with a minimum of 7,5% above scale VIII of the collective labour agreement for the Horeca;
• A travel allowance as of 5 kilometer distance between your house and the hotel;
• A healthy staff meal;
• Cross training in all the different departments of the hotel;
• INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery part of Accor, so you will receive staff discount to experience different hotels;
• A F&B discount card to use in different hotels in Amsterdam, up to 50% discount!;
• Possibilities to develop yourself by trainings;
• International career opportunities within the Accor Group;
• A reward for your efforts at the end of the year;
• Anniversary rewards when working for Accor;
• Bonus based on performance;
• Special leave for various occasions (e.g. moving, wedding, etcetera.);
• Drinks and staff parties with your colleagues;
• On top of that you will work together in an INKredible team!
Ben jij enthousiast geworden na het lezen van de vacature? We zien graag je CV en motivatie tegemoet! Heb je nog een vraag of wil je meer weten? Stuur dan een e-mail naar email@example.com of bel op 020 555 1704.